Monday, April 4, 2011

A Plea For Orphans

Adoption is a story authored by God.  It is beautiful.  It is redemptive.  It is a rescue - for God rescues us from an eternity separated from His love when He adopts us into His Kingdom. 

In most countries, children age out of the system at 14 or 16, at which time they are turned out into the streets, with little to no resources and little to no education.  70% of girls that age out of foster care end up being sexually exploited.  These are the children at most risk for ending up in brothels or child prostitution rings.  Though I could graphically describe to you the conditions that these children will be subjected to, this isn't the blog for that.  I'm here to make a plea on behalf of a few orphans who face a very bleak future.

Though I will always advocate for orphans of all ages, it's the children that are older than 6 that capture my heart.  It's those children that many see as damaged goods, not worth the time or trouble because of the emotional effort involved once you bring them home.  But, this is the LORD's battle.  For He loved each of these children before they were born into poverty.  It's to His Glory to restore and redeem their life!   Only Christ can bestow upon their heads a crown of beauty where only ashes had lain! 
BUT...the LORD needs His church to be His hands and feet! 

I've linked to the blog, All Are Precious In His sight, HERE.  I was going to copy and paste her blog entry in it's entirety, but I think you need to go over to her blog and read about the 11 orphans from Haiti that she is advocating for.  You never know when God will use a story or a picture to change your life forever. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the post and the link!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Hi right back at ya! Your kiddos are absolute precious and my laundry pile will officially go un-touched as I continue to back track on your blog to get the full story! Thanks for the email and I can't wait to watch those precious children mesh right on into your home. Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete