Sunday, March 27, 2011

I'm Learning...

We've been home for almost 48 hours now.  But we've been together as a family for 10 days. 

This is what I've learned during that time...
  • Slippers means flip flops.
  • Sunglasses are a prized possession.
  • Flakes is a universal term for all types of cereal.
  • Crabs coming under doors and crawling over floors don't bother me as much as I thought they would.
  • Brian can officially take on 6 children in a Nerf gun war and still win.
  • Plaster means band aid.
  • I don't have the first clue how to cook Plantains.
  • Shoe shopping at Target the first day home was a very bad idea.
  • All children love cinnamon rolls.
  • Hugs and kisses is a universal language.
  • All electronics need to be password protected.
  • I Spy can be played anywhere at anytime and with anyone.  (And apparently sisters can be used as the color that you spy.)
  • When Ruth says she isn't ticklish it really means, "Please tickle me!"
  • You shouldn't give a child the combination to a combination lock because you might not like what they do with it.
  • Lice freaks me out.
  • Bubble baths can make girls giggle for hours.
  • Rarely will I be able to finish what I start without being interrupted or pulled away.
  • Emails will take a minimum of 4 days to get answered and on average 6 hours to complete. 
  • I have needed every prayer and encouraging word said on our behalf and I will continue to need them.
  • We are blessed with people in our life that are willing to wait out the 2 hour difference in plane delay, just to be able to welcome us home.   
And I have learned that I have the most incredible friends that know what I need before I know I need it.  That bring our family dinner to the airport.  Who stock my fridge and fill my counter with groceries so I won't have to go to the store at midnight.  That don't eat at the fundraising dinner because they are doing all the work.  That hang welcome home signs on our house.  That pick up our car and then bring it back to the airport so we don't have to pay parking.  That support us and pray with us and encourage us when the fears and the tears come.  There are SO MANY people that have played an integral role in our adoption of Isaiah and Ruth that I want to thank, but right now, to Allison Doan, Jill Goolsby and Cristie Martine, I have no words for everything you've done and continue to do.  You represent a piece of God's Kingdom to me.  And I will forever be grateful for you.   May the LORD richly bless each of you and your families as you continue to seek His will.  I can't imagine this journey without you or your families. 

I will close with some more pictures.









 




11 comments:

  1. Welcome home! Love that first photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Jen! The photos are incredible -- as is your amazing journey! Thank you for sharing it with us. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great pictures! What an awesome support group of family and friends that God has blessed you with. You will continue to need them, so don't feel bad when you need to lean on them for help and rest. BEST ADVICE: Breaks for you and Brian are so important! Don't feel guilty about taking them. It will be beneficial for the entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! I love all that the Lord is showing you! I also love that you can take down a lot of notes and hand them my way ... haha. Your family is just beautiful! What a joy it has been to watch the Lord expand your boundaries, your heart, and your vision for what he can do! Great is your reward ... and even more fun ... Great is the ancestry line of the Jones' FOREVER! Love you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so happy that you are home with your beautiful new treasures! The first few weeks home are always an adjustment, but it sounds like you are doing wonderfully. Praying for you as you discover many new things as a family of 6!

    Blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your family. It has given me so much joy to see you walk through this and I am BEYOND excited that you are all under 1 roof. And just think, the best is yet to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My 6 angels!! What a gift that y'all have given us - more g.grandbabies to love!! Thanks for the mostinteresting blog and precious pix. I LOVE MY FAMILY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen- I so wanted to be there and Welcome you guys home! But I see you had many wonderful family and friends there. The pics say everything! You will continue to be in my prayers!
    Love and miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...wiping away the tears....overwhelmed by emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO glad you guys are home safely. Hope you are having a great time! The pics are beautiful. Your friends sound like awesome gifts from God. Praying a refreshing over you today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I just came over to say thank you for visiting my blog and letting me know that it's okay not to put my faith in that silly statue, then I saw you just adopted and I love a good adoption story! Congratulations!! You have a beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete