Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Isaiah & Ruth - Day 2

Isaiah and Ruth are legally ours!!  We leave soon to bring them home so I'm going to try my best to catch up to how we got to this point.
If you haven't read about Day 1, I wrote about meeting the children and our first day together HERE.  You can go there and catch up if you want. 


Saturday, September 20th, 2010, at 9 am sharp, we were pulling out onto the road. (I let out a little scream each time our driver pulls out to the left side of the road, thinking he isn't getting back to the other side of the road fast enough!  Then I realize everyone has it backwards and it makes me feel a little better.) :) 
We are off to pick up the children for the day!  When we arrive, the kids run to us, ready to go.  Isaiah had been sick the day before, but he looked great that day and was ready for fun.  As we were getting ready to leave, Isaiah asked if "T" could join us.  ("T" is a beautiful 11 year old girl that had just come into foster care the week before.)  We both agreed that she could join us (a decision that still impacts our life today...and something I will write about one day).

All 5 of us head back across town towards our hotel.  From there we take a ferry a few hundred yards to a very small, private island that has a nice beach we can swim at.





  We played at the beach.  We played at our pool.  We built sand castles.  We invented new games that required a dock, an ocean and a football.  We played catch.  We played monkey in the middle.  We had lunch in a thatched bungalow.  We laughed.  We talked.  We held hands and we cuddled.  We introduced them to Oreo's and rice cakes.  It was a beautiful day!   


Isaiah asked his daddy to throw him no less than 100 times! 

If you know me, then you know I love to swim and I love to coach.  Even if my children never swim competitively, they need to know how to swim, especially before summer league swim team starts. :)  So, before you even ask me, yes, in the pictures below, I am trying to see where Isaiah's diving and swimming skills are.


So he needs a little work diving.  No problem!  That's my favorite thing to teach.  :)  The positive is that he LOVES the water and actually has some natural talent.  The negative?  He forgets how to swim as soon as he needs to take a breath.  Once again, no problem!  I know how to teach that! :)


As our day came to an end, we headed back to the hotel to change into dry clothes and take them back to their foster family.  And in the short time we changed, they managed to finish off the package of Oreo's.  Oops! :)

It took Ruth about 2 minutes in the car to look like this...

Brian carried her into the house sound asleep and laid her in bed where I think she sleep till morning. 
Sweet Dreams my Caribbean Princess!!

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful! Congratulations! They are such absolutely beautiful children.

    Did you get my email?

    Many blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for y'all Jennifer! You and Brian and your family are truly living a blessed life! I hope to one day to have a terrific family like yours. Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your children are BEAUTIFUL!!! I've just posted (I hope that's okay) on our blog. It's a privilege to pray for your family! No bounds overstepped! :)
    http://everlastingmomentum.blogspot.com/2011/02/new-prayer-request-from-fellow-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, Love, Love!!! Can't wait to see those beautiful kids home! Not much longer! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete