Friday, February 4, 2011

IT'S A SNOW DAY!!


This is what we woke up to this morning!  O.K., O.K., I realize that those of you that are in the other 47 contiguous states (plus Alaska) are amused at my excitement over this "dusting" of white.  But I live in - South Texas!  We woke up to some ice about 4 or 5 years ago, but I can't remember ever waking up to snow.  Snow = No School!  (O.K., friends in other states, it's o.k. to laugh at us now.  It's true, our city  shuts down at even the mention of "winter weather" so if and when it actual hits, we go into lock down.) :)

Because you see, the thought of allowing us Texans out on roads that look like this...
would be just disastrous!
(This is one claim I will play ignorance to. :)

So the first time ever, I sent my son out to play, with only the words, "Come home when you're hungry."  He didn't think twice about my offer and off he ran!  A few minutes later I heard kids in the garage, so I looked out to see 4 helmets and a wagon leaving. 


"This can't end well" was my thought.  But instead of stopping them, as a wise mother should, I just said "Be Careful" and then turned my camera on. :)

South Texas Sledding

I do have to give the kids some creative credit for this.  Not only that, but they got their helmets out themselves.  

South Texas Snow Angels

Isaiah and Ruth have been saying for months that all they want to see is snow.  SO BUMMED that they aren't here now to enjoy this because it really may never snow here again!! 


A couple of days ago, a portion of my facebook post said that "...God is in the very details..."  He is in the details of this adoption, He is in the details of our life, He is just IN THE DETAILS of everything! 
"Why?" you ask.  This is why.  The district said that they will not excuse my children from school to travel to St. Vincent for the adoption of Isaiah & Ruth.  However, our principal said that she will excuse Jaxon and Chloe so they can go pick up their brother & sister.  One of the factors, but not limiting to, was the fact that each of them has only one absence all year.  But she did say, "please make sure they don't have any other absences before then."
Well, wouldn't you know it, Chloe got sick last night and threw up most of the night.  Needless to say, she would not have been going to school today.  NO school = absence.  But God brought us snow on the one day that Chloe would have missed.  So it doesn't count against her!  PRAISE THE LORD! 
Though this may seem so simple and coincidental to you, it is not to me.  God is taking great delight in showing me how He is truly in control of this adoption.  Every-single-detail.  Even down to the number of days my children can be absent.  

Thank you LORD for your love!  Thank you for snow days!  Thank you for your patience as I am truly learning to give everything - the big and the small - over to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment