Thursday, March 3, 2011

Silent Auction and Dinner


I just realized that I have yet to put any of our Silent Auction & Dinner information here on my blog.  It's on Facebook and I've sent out emails, but I probably need it here too.  So here it is...

Our adoption is final and we leave in less than 2 weeks to bring home Isaiah and Ruth!  So in celebration of our growing family and as one last attempt to raise the final funds we need to travel, we are having a Dinner and Silent Auction on Monday, March 7th, at Ristorante Paesanos on 1604. 

The event begins at 6:30.  You're in for a treat if you've never eaten here because Paesano's food is incredible!  You will also be treated to a private concert by our very own December's End.  Last year, they beat out over a 1000 bands to win Battle of the Bands, they have been featured on Good Day SA and though it's personal opinion, I seriously think they are some of the most talented musicians I have ever heard.  We will have a silent auction set up, where you will have the opportunity to bid on great things like original paintings, photography sessions, gift cards to great restaurants around town, the yummiest little cake bites in the whole world, gift baskets, a romantic weekend get-a-way and many more things!

We will also be raffling off this diamond necklace the night of the dinner.  From now until the night of the dinner, raffle tickets are $10 a piece.  For information on how to purchase one, go here.  That night however, tickets will be $20.  At the end of the evening, we will draw one lucky winner!

Tickets are $40 to this event and you pay at the door. 

Here are answers to questions from you that I am getting:
1.  How do I pay?  We don't have the ability to run credit cards, so please be prepared with cash or check.  That is also true for the silent auction items. 
2.  What to wear?  The attire is casual.  Some will come straight from work so they will be dressed more business casual.  But jeans and sundresses are fine!
3.  Can I bring my children?  Absolutely!  However, please be aware that this is more of an adult venue (no playscapes, playgrounds or play area) so if they are younger, you might want to bring something quiet to entertain them.  

So to recap...
WHAT:  Dinner, concert and silent auction
WHERE: Paesanos Restaurant, 3622 Paesanos Parkway, San Antonio, TX
DATE:  Monday, March 7th
TIME:  6:30 p.m.
PRICE:  $40

Please don't hesitate to email me with any questions or suggestions!  This is an open event so please feel free to bring your family, friends and neighbors! 
Also, I am trying to get a general headcount so the restaurant can plan accordingly, so if you plan on coming (and I already don't know), will you please leave a comment or jump over to Facebook and RSVP under the Event page I set up?  THANKS!!!

1 comment: