Sunday, March 20, 2011

We are finally together...

I'm sitting outside under a covered patio, listening to the rain pour down and watching the turquoise waves come crashing in.  I have 2 children racing matchbox cars.  I have 2 children coloring.  The kitchen is cleaned from lunch and a load of laundry is washing.  My husband is sweeping the tile floor. 

And in the time it has taken me to type these 4 sentences, I have been interrupted 21 times.  That's an interruption almost every three words.   

This last time was Isaiah.  He wanted to show me what he had written...
"I Love you Mummy."

Oh, my sweet dear boy, how tender is your precious little heart?!  So many people have stopped us and told us how lucky you and Ruth are, but I'm only beginning to realize the depth of how wrong those people are.  We, your mom and dad, are the lucky ones. 



I don't have the time or really the words to describe how our family has come together these last few days.  So I will share a few pictures.  Hopefully they will tell their own story.
















The rain has now forced me inside, but the doors are open and I can hear the waves and the rain competing for power.   And all the children and daddy have come together for another game of Uno.

My heart is full and I am filled with peace.  And though I know trials and tribulations await us in this journey, God's love and grace will always be sufficient.  And I will forever be grateful and humbled that the LORD called us to be Isaiah and Ruth's forever family.

19 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you guys!!! Words don't cover it!!!! God is so faithful to give us the desires of our heart!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so wonderful to read this!!!! i am so happy and have been thinking and praying for you! i can't wait to see you all home!!!
    erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. With tears streaming down my face, I read this! What a beautiful picture of God's love this is, Jennifer and Brian. He loves us each and every one and has adopted us so lovingly into His family.
    Lauren Cooley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you. You sound so happy and that will show in your new family. God Bless you on your new journey.

    In His Grip
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! Your pictures are beautiful. I feel like I'm back there again. Never have I experienced a thunderstorm like we did both times we were in the Caribbean :)

    God Bless your newly expanded family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures make me so happy! I agree - people tell our kids they are lucky, but it is not really true - WE wanted a family and WE are lucky to have such beautiful, loving children join our home! More than luck - we are BLESSED! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am doing such a happy dance right now! God is so very very good!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures!! I just got done reading this post out loud to the kids. Selah took her time looking at each picture especially when I click on them to make them larger. She recognized Mrs. H's house right away. She asked if she could send pictures of herself to I & R in the mail. I told her we would have to wait until you were all home. It's so cool to see all the hugs & kisses & smiles in the pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your photos of your new family! God's love and grace is all over your family. Thanks for allowing us to have a peak into your journey. This fills our hearts with joy and hope for the future! Can't wait to meet your beautiful children.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE all the pictures! The one I really love is Big Daddy Brian holding the girls ... BUT .... look closely in the background at your two precious boys making silly faces and grins at each other. Super sweet!
    You are so right, it's by far us that are the blessed ones this side of heaven! The blessings for the kids come by hearing HIS name from your lips, HIS touch from your hands, HIS love from the depths of your heart. Their blessings come from the opportunity to share eternity with HIM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yea! Rejoicing with you! Soak it all in while you can. :) Love, love the pic of Chloe and Ruth arm in arm in the surf. That one speaks 1000 words about adoption, love, family... it's an award winner. Can't wait to meet Isaiah and Ruth when you get home. Hugs! shawna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jennifer,

    What a blessing! Your post was beatiful! The pictures tell an amazing story. I love the joy on everyones' faces. We need to see some with you in them!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so very happy for you! What a beautiful family. God is so good, isn't He?!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! I"m so happy for you all! These are beautiful images and I'm sure they are having a blast getting to know each other :) I'll continue to keep you all in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, Jen! Your journey is AMAZING and truly a testament of the faith and sovereignty of our Lord! We are SO happy for your family!! All FIVE of you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. terribehrman@gmail.comMarch 21, 2011 at 6:07 AM

    These are my blessed grandchildren and my beloved family! My heart is bursting so that I can hardly write. The incredible love that eminates from the pictures ripples across the ocean to the rest of your loving family (im)patiently waiting to greet you on your return! GOD IS SO GOOD!
    Love is too small a word to express how I feel right now. I am over the moon!
    Till we can kiss and hug,
    Mom/Mamie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow, this is just amazing to see! Thank you for sharing. Such a beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Then everyone will stand in awe, proclaiming the mighty acts of God, realizing all the amazing things he does." Psalm 64:9
    Oh, our God is so good! Praising HIM with you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! I LOVE VICTORY and this certainly is one!

    ReplyDelete